Certain H-4 Dependent Spouses May Now Qualify for Employment Authorization

USCIS has announced that effective May 26, 2015, certain H-4 dependent spouses of H-1B nonimmigrants may apply for employment authorization.

To qualify, the H-4 spouse must be married to an H-1B nonimmigrant who 1) has an approved Form I-140 or 2) have has their H-1B status extended beyond 6 years under AC21 Act because a residency application (I-485) remains pending.